Wednesday, November 9, 2011

October 2011

Dear Family & Friends-

Let's jump right in...Martin has been called as the new bishop of our ward. That could pretty much be all that I write for this month because it has affected each and every day so far. Of course, there has also been so many other day-to-day things and even some very rare things happening this last month. It was full, and fun, and...wonderful.

Martin's new calling has been really great for our family. I did cry through the whole first Sunday,but every Sunday since then we have had blessings heaped upon us and a calm and peace that did NOT exist before. I was so happy to have Martin's parents come over for his calling and ordination, they are always so supportive and good to us. An unexpected, but wonderful, blessing was the fact that MY parents were here with us that Sunday also. They flew in the day before, and stayed with us before they headed up to Idaho Falls for the funeral of my Grandma Beulah Miller (my mom's mom). I can't even put into words how great it was for them to be here with us. It was an answer to many prayers.
Mom and Grandpa Miller

  That following week was very full with family coming and going. I love to see my house full and we tried to make everyone comfortable. The night before the funeral, we had Karryn & Roger w/Kassidy, Travvis & Katie w/Aaron and Jenna, Brett & Keli w/Stetson and Porter, Jodee & Calvin w/Connor, Braxtton, Brooklyn, and Ariizona, and that was added to our 6 already. We joked that it was probably warmer this time then it had been at the reunion this spring when 3 families were out in tents. We tried to keep our heater going so that our Texans wouldn't freeze. I loved having everyone here and it was so impressive to me for those who came from so far away and sacrificed so much to be here. The funeral was very beautiful and fitting. It was simple and peaceful. The importance of the gospel, resurrection and family was so apparent and so undeniably true!

"No, me not a Chicken Maggot!"
I feel like I could end this letter here and have all the high points covered. So, I think I will keep the rest very simple and for information only. We had a wonderful Primary Program, it went very smoothly and the kids did really great at their parts and awesome at singing. I love my calling as Primary Chorister!! Olivia turned 5, she had a rainbow/horse cake and Abby decorated for 2 hours before her family party. We drove over to Burley, Idaho for Pope Family pictures and TWO baby blessings. Martin's sister has a really cute baby boy, Cutler Silcock that they were blessing. Also, his brother blessed their darling, little, Brayla Pope. We had double sacrament meetings that day and lots of family-time, but it's never enough! Football ended in the first round of State play-offs this year. That might mean we get to see Martin a little bit in between meetings and before basketball starts. Yay!! Halloween felt long and stretched out this year, the celebrations started with parties for preschool the Thursday before and then the ward trunk-or-treat Saturday. Then, they just kept going through elementary parties Monday and a little bit of trick-or-treating on Halloween night. Matt was a samurai/ninja, Abby was a cheetah fairy, Olivia got an indian princess costume for her birthday, so Thayne decided he would be a cowboy, cause, “Cowboys chase Indians.” Martin and I even dressed up for the ward party and we had a great time.





I think that covers all the big stuff...I really can't believe how fast this year has gone. Bring it on 2012!! We love you ALL!! The Pope's

No comments:

Post a Comment